All students are required to submit documentation for excused absences to the Finley Junior High Attendance Clerk upon return to school from an absence. Documentation will not be accepted later than three (3) days from the date of the last absence. Parent phone calls and e-mailed notes are NOT accepted as official documentation of student absences.
Acceptable notes need to include:
- student's name
- date & length of absence
- explanation for absence
- contact phone number
- signature of parent or guardian
- Illness - documented by an original note from doctor, dentist, or school nurse;
- Court-related - documented by legal documents or court papers;
- Funerals – documented by a program, prayer card, or obituary from the service.*All others need a parent note.
The Waxahachie ISD Board Policy requires that a student attend every class 90% of each semester or the student is in violation of compulsory attendance standards.
Students that are absent from school
- Ten (10) or more days in a six (6) month period or
- Three (3) or more days or parts of days within a four (4) week period
Nelly Garfias, Attendance Clerk