Finley Junior High School Parent Compact
Finley and its parents/guardian/students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (participating children), agree that this compact outlines how parents/guardians, the entire school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the state’s high standards.
This school-parent compact is in effect during the 2019 - 2020 school year.
REQUIRED SCHOOL-PARENT COMPACT PROVISIONS
Finley Junior High – Guardians – Students.
Faculty and staff will:
● Show respect for each child and his/her family and model professional behavior.
● Provide an appropriate environment: safe, clean, orderly, and engaging.
● Provide appropriate discipline, firm and fair.
● Provide students, parent/guardians, and staff with appropriate feedback.
● Provide meaningful, appropriate activities for class work and homework.
● Provide opportunities for success and celebrate individual accomplishments.
● Complete grade posting in accordance with district policy
● Provide stakeholders with appropriate correspondences in English and Spanish.
● Encourage students to participate in a variety of activities.
● Show respect and support for children/students and staff.
● First, always get the facts from the source.
● Support district/campus policies: attendance, discipline, academic, club, extra-curricular organizations.
● Respond appropriately to district/campus correspondences.
● Foster student successes and provide students with an appropriate study environment.
● Monitor student’s attendance, behavior, homework, grade reports, and attend requested conferences.
● Participate in decision making committees.
● Be responsible for academic success and behavior
● Show respect to stakeholders.
● Believe in self, be prepared, and participate appropriately daily.
● Be responsible for academic success and appropriate behavior.
● Be kind and helpful to parents/guardians, students, and staff.
● Observe district/campus policies and procedures and report vandalism and bullying.
● Respect school property.
● Share correspondences with parents and return signature documents to the appropriate staff.
● Attend school regularly.
● Get involved in a variety of clubs, extracurricular teams, and UIL.
Signature denotes that this document was received by the parent and student.
Staff August 30, 2019